Rules for Sellers
(also called Contributors)
Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. is an online marketplace for you to sell your own sermons, outlines, Sunday school material, VBS material, multimedia, e-books, devotionals, etc. directly to others around the world. We want to make sure everyone has a positive experience on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. This document tells you about your rights and what we expect of you as a Contributor.
What you can sell on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc.
Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. is a Christian Marketplace and Buyers come here to purchase items from other people of God that may not be readily available elsewhere. Everything listed on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. by you, must belong to you, must be your original work, and must be relevant to the church.
AGAIN: All items must be your original work and your own intellectual property. There may be a few exceptions to your having written the material personally. These may include:
- Works that are in the public domain (pre-1923).
- Intellectual Property of a deceased family member. You must be a direct descendant with no awareness of other family members who are more directly in line to benefit financially from sales of the deceased’s intellectual property.
- You may have authorization from an acquaintance who is living and has granted permission to use their intellectual property for financial gain. In this event, it is your responsibility to ensure that authority has in fact been granted to you. Any misrepresentation of your right to the intellectual property you sell could lead to charges filed against you. In that event, you will be held solely responsible for any resulting legal fees.
Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. is primarily an online, DIGITAL marketplace. As a digital marketplace, Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. does not provide a shipping calculator. We recommend digital products only. However, if you choose to engage in a transaction that requires mailing of purchased items, it is your responsibility to arrange shipping details with your purchaser.
Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. expects all items listed to be directly relevant to the church of any denomination, spiritually based homeschool, or other worship and fellowship experiences (youth groups, church camps, devotions, church volunteer days, etc.) and holds items to a biblically based ethical standard.
What you can’t sell on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc.
- Items that are not Spiritually based
- Items that are not your intellectual property or that you do not have authority to sell
- Items of questionable or controversial content
- Items that are combative against any race, gender, religion or people group
- We do not recommend the selling of physical items on our site at this time.
You also can not sell items that are:
- food/drink supplements, formula
- cribs, car seats/travel systems/bases
- human beings
- animal products
- alcohol, tobacco, drugs, drug paraphernalia, medical drugs
- dangerous items, hazardous materials
- recalled items
- hate items or items that promote, support, or glorify hatred
- illegal items, items promoting illegal activity
- highly regulated items
- internationally regulated items
- pornography or mature items
- violent items, items that promote, support or glorify violence
Violations of any of the above will be removed immediately and may result in the immediate closure of your account.
Keep in mind that users may flag or report listings that appear to violate our policies for Preachers Pay Preacher’s Review. Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. may remove any listings that violates our policies. Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You will still be responsible to pay outstanding fees owed to Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent.
Represent yourself, your shop, and your listings honestly
One of our core values is honesty and transparency. That means that we expect you to honestly and accurately represent yourself, your products, and your business.
By using our Products, you agree that you will:
- provide honest and accurate information on your about page, should you choose to complete it.
- honor your shop policies, should you choose to publish them, and make sure that they comply with
- applicable laws and the policies of Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc.
- accurately represent your items on their listing pages and photos.
- respect the intellectual property of others.
- not engage in fee avoidance.
- not create multiple shops.
If you feel that your intellectual property has been violated please contact us using the contact form below.
Communication with other Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. community members
You can contact members through the contact button in their account and on their listings. They are a great way for buyers to ask questions about your products or an order.
Conversations may not be used for these activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam
- Harassing or abusing another member
Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another members shop in order to take or drive away business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Contacting another member to warn them away from a particular member, shop or item
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member
- Purchasing from a Contributor for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review
Any use of the contact function on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. to harass another member is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Contact may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. If you receive an email sent through the Contact function of Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. that violates this policy please report it right away using the contact form below.
You may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. related communication for Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyers explicit consent, you may not add any Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. member to your email or physical mailing list or store or misuse any payment information.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc., you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content like usernames, listings contact, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive threatening, defamatory or harassing
- A Violation of someone else’s’ privacy or intellectual property rights
- False, deceptive or misleading
- Obscene or vulgar
- A violation of Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. Rules and expectations regarding acceptable content
Building a Positive Reputation through Reviews
Reviews are a great way to boost your credibility and reputation on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. Buyers can leave a review. If you receive an unfavorable review you can reach out to the buyer. Reviews and responses may not contain:
- Private information
- Obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery
- Prohibited medical drug claims
- Advertising or spam
- Information or subject matter outside the Contributors control such as Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc., a third party or a shipping carrier
- Information that undermines the integrity of the Reviews system
Extortion is not allowed on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. Extortion includes when a Contributor offers a buyer additional goods, services, or compensation in exchange for a positive review.
Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by using an alternate account. Shilling is strictly prohibited on Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. The intent of shilling is to make a Contributor look more desirable by increasing the shops number or sales and overall review score. Not only does Shilling violate our value of transparency, but is also considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
We expect all of our Contributors to provide a high level of customer service. By selling with us you agree:
- To honor your processing times, and policies. Contributors are expected to complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Respond to conversations in a timely manner
- Honor all commitments you make in your shop policies
- To notify the buyer and cancel the order if an order cannot be completed
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Dispute team can help you through a case system. To get started filing a case, use the contact form below.
Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
Each country has its own laws surrounding cancellations, returns, and exchanges. Make sure you familiarize yourself with your country’s laws as well as those of your buyers.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer through Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. and cancel the order. If the buyer has submitted payment, you must provide a full refund. You should keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
You can cancel an order under the following circumstances:
- The buyer did not pay, there was a charge back or a canceled payment
- Both you and the Contributor agree to cancel before delivery or shipment and you have issued a full refund
- You have decided to refuse service to the buyers and if the buyer has paid, issued a full refund
- The buyer did not receive the items ordered, even though you provided proof of the transaction and you have issued a full refund
- Both you and the buyer agree that the buyer could be issued a full refund for items purchased and you have issued a refund to the buyer for the item
We ask buyer to contact a Contributor directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before contacting support to open a case. For this reason, it is important to fill out your shop policies and respond promptly to conversations from buyers.
Buyers can file a case within 120 days of their purchase and a Contributor has 7 days to respond to a case report email.
There are 2 categories that cases can be opened under: Non-Delivery and Not as Described
Non-Delivery occurs when a buyers places an order and submits payment but does not receive an item.
- Digital download did not work
- Item was never received
- Item was sent to an address or email that is not on the receipt
- There is proof that the item was delivered or shipped
Not as Described is if it is materially different from your listing description or your photos. These example include:
- Item was a different color, model, version, or size than shown in the photo or described in the listing
- Item is described as authentic but is not authentic
- You failed to disclose that the item is damaged or mission parts
- Buyer purchased three items and only received two
- Condition of the item is misrepresented
- Item is an obvious plagiarism / violation of another’s intellectual property rights
Preachers Pay Preachers, Inc. Policies & Guidelines
Contributor (Seller) Fees & Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
Guidelines For Buyers
Intellectual Property Policy
Responsible Disclosure Statement
Rules For Contributors (Sellers)
Terms Of Service